It can be tempting to treat self-care like a chore or self-improvement project, but the goal is to create a practice that makes life a little better! At Beginning With You, we recommend starting small: choose just one new practice to weave into your daily life.
* Think about the 5 main aspects of self-care-- physical, mental, spiritual, joy and relationships. Do you feel particularly drawn to one?
* Where in your life do you feel the itch to make a change?
* Where do you feel like you could use some love and attention?
* What makes you feel resistant?
* What would you like to make more time for?
* What sounds like a fun or pleasurable thing to do?
* What could make an immediate positive impact, even a tiny one?
Choose a specific action that you could start today. It might be a regular practice you want to bring into your life or a task that's been on your wish list for a while. It could even be something that you already do that you want to give more love and attention to.
Here are a few examples to get you thinking:
1) Create a bedtime routine
2) Add a piece of fruit to your afternoon snack
3) Read a novel during your lunch break
4) Sign up for the dance class you always fancied
5) Book an appointment with a therapist or at Beginning With You
6) Start a daily gratitude practice
To learn more and make the first step to self-care, visit: www.beginningwithyou.org and book your next session with us! We would love to help you on your journey of self-care!